Monday, September 10, 2012

The Fair

We went to the fair on Monday evening after work. I decided I would leave my camera at home (for once) but after seeing a long-horn (really long horn) animal in the petting section, I got my boss to take a picture a few days later when Safeway had their day at the fair. (It was a watusi which is a breed of cattle originally bred and raised in Africa. They can grow horns reaching 8 feet across and can weigh up to 1,600 pounds). On Safeway day, we have samples available at the two entrances to the fair, so we also have a large sign on the fence and one of our Safeway trucks on display. On the day that John, Audrey and I went we checked out the craft displays and veggie displays to look for friends and family who had entered. Then we tried some carnival food and ended our evening with a funnel cake covered in strawberries and whip cream.



xx