Friday, April 20, 2012

Time out for Women Spokane


I was able to attend the Spokane Time Out For Women with Angela Heerdink, Dawna Forschler and her sister-in-law Mindy Hales. Unfortunately, Dawna had some issues with her recent eye surgery and was not able to join us on Friday. Thankfully she was able to join us on Saturday though.

The evening started with John Bytheway substituting for Sheri Dew. I thought he did a great job and really enjoyed his Parable of the Marinade. Basically, we are all marinating in something. Good idea if we know "what" that is. Regardless of your original intention, you become what you are surrounded by. You cannot play with a skunk and not stink... You are the average of the 5 people you hand around with. Choose to marinate in the spirit and soak it up!

The evening singing talent was Dallyn Bayles, who I had heard in October in Denver as well. He performed some great numbers including "Dream the Impossible Dream", "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" from 17 Miracles.

The last speaker of the evening was Brad Wilcox who spoke on "People Shall Know My Name" basically listing all the various names we know the Savior. Jesus - Christ - Savior - Messiah - Anointed One - Jesus of Nazareth - Carpenter's son - Only Begotten - Jehovah. We need to know him on a first name basis.