Wow, just a bit of partying this month!
On December 2nd, I drove down to Moses Lake to attend a work party for the managers of the Columbia District. We had a short meeting and then headed to Michael's on the Lake. There we had yummy food and then a gift exchange. Everyone draws numbers and often gives gifts of liquor. I bring something I would like to take home - non alcoholic - and make sure to mark my brown paper bag so I know which gift to "pick" when it is my turn. Yay for me, I "got" a mini parfait dish set : )
On December 6th, I headed downtown to the Steam Plant Grill for the work party for the managers of the Spokane District. See, there is definitely an upside to have two bosses and two territories! Again we had delicious food, a short meeting and a gift exchange. I believe the number of non-alcoholic gifts were exactly 2. My district manager and myself. We kind of know this going in, so tend to bring a gift that we think the other will like. I made a Caramel Cider kit complete with clear glass mug, caramel syrup, cider packets and the recipe for making a mock-Starbucks one. He told me later it was delicious!
On December 9th our Distribution Center had their annual Christmas lunch catered by Clinkerdagger's. I was able to enjoy turkey, roast beef, potatoes, gravy, their famous pea salad and an individual size creme brulee.
And finally, on December 12th my bosses took me out to lunch (Clingerdagger's - my favorite) for my birthday and to celebrate Christmas. They gave me flowers and gift cards to Michael's and Kohl's. Since they had just taken me out to lunch for my 25th anniversary (they took me to Casa de Oro on November 28th), we did choose a date past my birthday to celebrate.