Sunday, September 13, 2009

Great Sunday


Today was Stake Conference, which actually ended up being a direct feed from Salt Lake to all the congregations in Alaska and Washington. What a pleasant surprise to be able to hear from President Monson! I was the organist for our building and had an interesting time playing prelude music in the dark as someone had flipped the lights out in anticipation of the video feed in the middle of one of the hymns... After a wonderful conference, we went home and had a impromptu barbecue with the McLaughlin's. Connor spent a lot of time picking tomatoes and blackberries, and then taking home his treasures. Emma kept trying to beat her score on the marble solitaire game we have while Dale kept us entertained. We had a nice time in our backyard enjoying probably the last barbecue of the summer. Then I headed to a YW Presidency meeting. They put in a new YW Presidency while we were on our Utah trip so we have a new president (Jenn) and counselors (Jill & Kim W) but I am still the secretary for the Young Women. While I was at my meeting (3 hrs) John went to a Stake Meeting for the audit committee. That's what we get with 5 callings (for me) and 3 callings (for John). I'm not sure how much resting we got today, but it was a great Sunday.