I was released as the Beehive Advisor and called as the Young Women's Secretary & YW Ward Camp Director. (Can you believe I've never had a Secretary calling in the church?) The great thing is that I get to stay in YW - what a neat bunch of girls and leaders to play with. I'm up to FIVE callings now (not including VT)! So today was the last activity with the Beehives I was co-running. Since Patty was out of town, I had agreed to assist Mollie and so we had a game night with the girls. We had two game tables set up. The girls were also getting their Personal Progress interviews, so as one girl left, the one returning would take her place at the table. This mixed up the players between the two tables and all the girls got to interact with different girls throughout the evening. I think they had a good time. For treats I made this recipe - it is kind of addicting.

POPCORN SCRAMBLE
Mix together the following ingredients:
3 cups corn or rice Chex
6 cups popped popcorn
8 oz jar dry roasted peanuts
3 cups small shaped pretzels
1 & 1/2 cups coconut
Set aside
In deep saucepan combine:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
Heat until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes.
Add 2 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. baking soda.
Pour syrup over popcorn mix and stir well. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Separate into chunks as soon as it's not sticky and store in airtight container.