Since I did not get any invites to the lake or any bbq fixes over the weekend - I had to get my barbecue fix another way. On Monday, Audrey and I tried to swing by Longhorn BBQ and get something for take out. But they were closed! (I think they always take Mondays off). So today I ran over to the grocery store and bought Longhorn barbecue sauce, sausages and potato salad. We'll serve them along with some beans of course. And last but not least, a fizzy drink. These are Izze's, which are 100% fruit juice with sparkling water, so "kind of" healthy?! I'm looking forward to dinner tonight. John is giving a tour of the high school to the Camp Fire group tonight, so as soon as he gets home we are eating!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Longhorn BBQ
Since I did not get any invites to the lake or any bbq fixes over the weekend - I had to get my barbecue fix another way. On Monday, Audrey and I tried to swing by Longhorn BBQ and get something for take out. But they were closed! (I think they always take Mondays off). So today I ran over to the grocery store and bought Longhorn barbecue sauce, sausages and potato salad. We'll serve them along with some beans of course. And last but not least, a fizzy drink. These are Izze's, which are 100% fruit juice with sparkling water, so "kind of" healthy?! I'm looking forward to dinner tonight. John is giving a tour of the high school to the Camp Fire group tonight, so as soon as he gets home we are eating!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well isn't that interesting? Last time I was there, I went to Longhorn and bought a gallon of their sauce to take home to Utah. And this very morning I was pouring it into smaller jars and was thinking of Longhorn and Spokane. I hope your dinner is all you hoped it would be and more. Also, I am very curious about Lacey?
Sounds good. We will probably have some left over pasta tonight!! I'd much rather have the Longhorn BBQ.
Yummy longhorn sauce. Here in Memphis there is BBQ everywhere but nothing like longhorn. DARN! Like mom said what is lacey?
Lacey is the fixer upper we are working on. There is a more detailed post April 15th "Lacey Before" and "Still During" that will get you a feel for the project. And it has been quite the project, basically re-doing everything from top to bottom on the house.
Post a Comment